- USDIndex – in demand again ahead of Powell in Jackson Hole and markets speculated on a 100 basis point ECB hike by October, although some recovered to end at 108.64.
- euros – Remains below parity. German GfK consumer confidence fell to -36.5, which could sustain the euro.
- JPY picked up to 137.00, GBP stable below 1.1800.
- AUD fell 0.4% below the psychological level of $0.7 a NZD fell 0.5%, giving up some of the previous day’s strong gains. The AUD it fared better against shaky European currencies.
- stocks: US stocks are in the red with concerns of aggressive tightening and yield growth limiting profits (USA100 increased by 0.41%, while USA 500 an increase of 0.29% a USA30 0.18% higher). Nikkei and ASX rose 0.8% and 0.5% after a strong close on Wall Street. GER40 and UK100 futures rose 0.4% and 0.3%.
- Oil It fell about $2 a barrel on the possible return of sanctioned Iranian oil exports and concerns about the impact of rising U.S. interest rates on fuel demand. Down $92.08.
- Gold – bounced off support on $1751.80 on $1758.70.
Today – US PCE, Michigan Consumer Sentiment, Jackson Hole Symposium and Fed Chair Powell’s speech.
The biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) NZDUSD (–0.45%). Fell into 0.6195 of 0.6250. MA aligns lower, MACD histogram negative and signal line is falling, RSI 36.74 and falling, H1 ATR 0.00089.
Click here to access our economic calendar
Disclaimer: This material is provided as general marketing communication for informational purposes only and does not constitute independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains or should be considered to contain investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation to buy or sell any financial instrument. All information provided is collected from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or a reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in leveraged products is characterized by a degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which users are solely responsible and liable. We shall not be liable for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication may not be reproduced or redistributed without our prior written consent.