Apple’s price closed above $3 trillion for the first time. It was also the first company to do so. The NASDAQ had its best start to the year in 40 years.
All major indexes closed higher this week and month.
The final numbers show:
- The Dow industrials rose 285.16 points, or 0.84%, to 34,407.59
- The S&P was up 53.92 points, or 1.23%, at 4,450.37
- The NASDAQ index rose 196.60 points, or 1.45%, to 13,787.93
Small-cap Russell 2000 stocks rose 7.14 points, or 0.3%, to 1,888.73.
For a week:
- Dow industrials up 2.02%
- S&P rose 2.35%
- NASDAQ up 2.19%
For the month of June:
- Dow industrials up 4.56%
- S&P rose 6.47%
- NASDAQ up 6.50%
For the 2nd quarter:
- Dow industrials up 3.41%
- S&P up 8.30%
- NASDAQ up 12.81%
For the 1st half of 2023:
- The Dow industrials rose 3.8%. Compared to 2022, the Dow Industrial Average is down -8.78%
- The S&P rose 15.91%. In 2022, the S&P is down -19.44%
- The NASDAQ index rose by 31.73%. NASDAQ down -33.10% in 2023